Duties and Requirements
- Meet with customers by phone or in person, reviewing their financial status, goals and needs and recommending appropriate loan products and services that are in the best interest of the customer.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgement in comparing and evaluating possible lending products that suit the customer’s financial situation. Originates permanent single family (1-4), FHA, VA and convention mortgage loan products. Understands and maintains a thorough knowledge of various mortgage loan programs (FNMA/FHLMC/FHA/VA, etc.) and company products.
- Manage the loan application process, in conjunction with processing, to assist customers in completing loan applications, collect information to be verified, identify additional information to be provided or obtained, and provide all disclosures and forms to customers as required by company policy. Take complete applications in accordance with Heritage Home Loans loan file workflow.
- Input and upload loan applications in Heritage Home Loans POS system.
- Input loan files in DU or other designated underwriting systems utilized by Heritage Home Loans and within company guidelines.
- Negotiate loan terms and conditions on loans within Company guidelines. Responsible for all rate locks on loans originated, closed internally, or brokered to another lender. Work with the processing team and Branch Manager to monitor locks and extensions as necessary.
- Perform weekly file reviews with assigned Processor, review missing or incomplete items. Maintenance excellent communication with the Processing and Funding teams.
- Understand and comply with all applicable government regulations and cooperate with internal quality control and compliance programs.
- Develop a strategy to assist customers after completion of the transaction, including review or and assistance for additional and future financial needs.
- Develop and implement a marketing strategy including identifying potential sources for your pipeline thru existing personal and community contacts including; realtors, builders, buyers, sellers, and the general community. Meeting with potential business sources outside the office to develop and maintenance these relationships; and creating additional referral customer networks in the community by participating in community events, professional organizations, etc.
- Maintain and utilize Vantage (CRM) data base management systems.
- Participate in training programs as required by management.
- Actively develop and maintain a good working relationship with all company team members.
- Conduct business activities primarily outside of the office. Such activities may including making sales calls, negotiating deals, making commitments to close residential mortgage loans on behalf of Heritage Home Loans, and performing other duties as needed to general and bring sales to fruition.
- NMLS Licensed.
- Ability to review and analyze a customer’s financial status, goals and needs, and recommends the appropriate loan product.
- Ability to resolve problems effectively and quickly with dissatisfied customers.
- Ability to work under high pressure deadlines with diplomacy.
- Strong ability, desire and honest enjoyment in working with others as part of a team as well as working independently. Desire to serve and act in the best interest of the company and customer.
- Adhere to and follow Heritage Home Loans Unique Value Proposition Plan with the customer before, during, and after the loan process.
- Minimum computer skills.