Established in 2006, Heritage Home Loans is a full-service mortgage bank. We have grown a reputation in our market for offering a comprehensive inventory of loan programs to our clients, and the willingness to go above and beyond common duties to ensure our customers are getting a loan that is custom tailored to their financial needs.
We offer an unmatched level of customer service in the industry. Our clients are not just numbers to us; they are real people in our community with real needs and real circumstances. Our customers give us the opportunity to build lifelong relationships in our community.
We are growing!
What we are looking for in a Loan Processor:
We are currently seeking an efficient Mortgage Loan Processor. We are looking for someone who has high attention to detail and excellent communication skills. As a loan processor, you will need to be able to communicate efficiently to all parties involved from clients to underwriters.
Heritage takes pride in our impeccable customer service, this includes helping qualified applicants obtaining loans in a timely manner to meet their needs and expectations throughout the home buying process.
Loan processors duties and responsibilities will include analysis and evaluation of loan applicants as well as writing and finalizing contracts.
Responsibilities of a Loan Processor:
- Processing loans thoroughly to meet GSE and Investor Guidelines
- Prep files for underwriting.
- Order and evaluate appraisal, title, credit, assets, and income verification.
- Communicate with originators and team members efficiently and effectively to obtain all items needed from the client for approval of the loan.
- Perform initial appraisal of potential borrowers by thoroughly examining their applications.
- Assess the credit standing of applicants through background research.
- Conclude on all applicable financial and non-financial criteria to develop loan repayment plans.
- Give the “green light” to eligible candidates and report decisions with arguments.
- Create and renew records.
- Remain up to speed regarding lending and other financial services.
- Work within established regulations and adhere to law requirements at all times.
Requirements for the Loan Processor Position:
- 1-3 years in processing, underwriting or experience in a similar position preferred.
- Must have current knowledge and understanding of FHA, VA, USDA, and Conventional guidelines for Credit, Income, Assets, and Collateral.
- Must be proficient in DU, DO, GUS, and LP
- Must be a self-starter, be reliable, and have high attention to detail.
- Must maintain a professional, courteous, and friendly atmosphere with coworkers and third-party vendors.
- Must maintain the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism.